Wednesday 11 July 2012

BAKED PEAR WITH APPLE CINNAMON PUREE AND ACTIV YOGHURT RECIPE: HOME MADE INSPIRED

Baked pears are surprisingly very delicious and a popular winter dessert.  I didn't think that I'd end up making this but the french pears "Beurre Bosc" were on sale at Coles for $1.70 a kg.  I had a bit of indigestion and apparently these pairs aids digestion from being high in fibre.  I also bought some vanilla bean activ yoghurt to serve that also aid digestion.


Beurre Bosc Pears - in winter season

Baked pear with roasted walnuts, cinamom apple puree and vanilla bean yoghurt

This was made by reading a few recipes and I didn't have apple juice so I decided to make my own apple sauce which turned out better than expected.  I also didn't have vanilla bean to soak the pears in vanilla bean so I just baked the pears without any added flavours but it had its own natural sweetness.  Some cooks like to add wine to the baked pears but I kept it simple.  Because it was simple, I bought activ vanilla bean yoghurt for extra taste.  It turned out to be simply delicious and very healthy alternative to other desserts.

BAKED PEAR RECIPE:
Ingredients:
For Apple Sauce
2 Gala Apples
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 of filled water in a small saucepan (probably about 2 cups of water)
1-2 Cinnamon quills

2 French pears
1 tablespoon of walnuts
Activ Yoghurt or Icecream

Method:
1) Peel and dice the apples into small chunks so that you can place in a small saucepan filled with water.  Stir away until apples are soft and look like they become a puree (don't add too much water otherwise takes too long to make the puree).

2) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.  Pour the puree into a baking dish and add cinnamon
quills (one or two depending on your preference).

3) Peel the pears and dice into two and then place onto the baking dish with the apple puree.  Place the dish in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.  Then turn over, add walnuts and bake for a further 20-30 minutes.

4) Plate up and serve with yogurt.

For chocolate lovers, you can heat up a saucepan with boiling water and have a metal dish over it and melt some dark chocolate but this time do not cut the pears so that you can drizzle the pears with the dark chocolate and present it nicely.  I used Lindt Dark chocolate 70% cocoa and which is great for dark chocolate lovers.


Pears peeled and baked in the oven
Pears drizzled with chocolate and added yoghurt

I'm not a particular fan of dark chocolate so next time I'll make it with milk chocolate and add some raspberries with it to keep myself happy.  This has got to be one of the easiest recipes and it looks devine :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment