Friday 27 July 2012

RESTAURANT REVIEW:  THAINAMIC, CANLEY VALE

Last Monday I caught up with a friend I haven't seen for 7 years. Yes, its' been that long.  We had to rearrange seeing each other twice so even though I was sick that day, I managed to make my way to Canley Vale to have some Thai food.  One Friday when I ate at Red Sichuan next door to Thainamic, the restaurant was packed.  For a Monday the restaurant wasn't empty so food was assumed to be pretty good.  Compared to Thai Paragon though, I think it lacks taste.  The red duck curry I had seemed hotter than I'm used to.  It wasn't that creamy and didn't smell great.  My friend however loved her Penang Chicken Curry as it wasn't as hot and she thought it tasted good.

Red duck curry

Chicken penang curry

We had desserts after our meal.  The servings look small but was definitely filling.  They had more duck pieces than usual in my curry so it made me full but I wanted to try and compare the fried ice-cream to Holy Basil.  I must say I prefer the ice-cream at Holy Basil and the sides with the coconut was a lot better at Holy Basil too but it's not too bad and is a great alternative say if you don't want to wait in line for too long as Holy Basil is always busy.

Chocolate icecream
Fried icecream

Overall I think there's better Thai restaurants I've tried in the past but nevertheless, was just a good meal on a winters cold day so a bit of spice is always welcome.


Summary Review of Thainamic


Food rating: 6.5/10


Ambience rating: 7/10


Service rating: 6.5/10


Price: $$ (affordable)


Overall rating: 6.5/10




Thainamic
Shop 4-5, 47-49 Canley Vale Road
Canley Vale  NSW  2166
PH: (02) 9727 7798
Opening Hours:
Sun to Thurs 5-10pm
Fri to Sat 5-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment